Wednesday, July 9, 2014

healthy bug spray

I was checking out my garden and noticed that the bugs have arrived. A whole bunch of them and they are having a wonderful meal on all my hard work.



After checking online I found a recipe for natural bug repellent and the best part was I had all the ingredients already.

Ingredients:
2 cups chili peppers (I had dried ones)
1 head of garlic (I used about 8 cloves)
Blend these (I added a small amount of water till chopped and mushed fine) This smelled so good, I almost wanted to can it with some olive oil except I don't like hot stuff.

Put in bucket with 4 gallons of water and let sit 24 hours.
Strain through cheesecloth and add 3 Tbsp dish soap.
Spray on plants every 2-3 days or after a rain.



I'll let you know later how it works. I  have to get a better sprayer.
all I have now is a small household one and that will take forever to do all that needs done. Off to the store later today....

Learning as I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment