Sunday, July 6, 2014

My first post - Introduction.

As you can see by the title, I am new at this. I want to first introduce myself. My name is Mary and I am retired and enjoying my life as a single person. I live in Pennsylvania below Elysburg in a small community. I live in a small house and have been here for about 6 or so years.

I've taken my very small yard (12" wide) and created a healthy jungle out there.

These were pictures from a few weeks ago. Since we had all the rain it has all grown tremendously. I use no pesticides or chemicals of any kind. I want healthy food that is good for my body and tastes good.
My neighbor is a very nice person who lets me use his yard to plant some things and I really appreciate that.

I save seeds and try to plant non GMO seeds. I can, dehydrate and freeze what I don't eat. I would like to live somewhere with a little more land so I can have chickens and raise rabbits. It would be nice to have someone to help with work and expenses, but that's a tough one to figure out.

I had a worm farm but decided to just let them work on my compost and that has worked out great. Wonderful, dark, rich soil for free...

Not as much to do in the winter, so I crochet, quilt, sew and read. Learning all I can on homesteading and all the old time living ideas. So much to learn...

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope you stop by again soon. I've been busy making some salve and bug deterrents for the garden. I'll tell you about those next time.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment